History

Since our founding in 1950, Saint Thomas the Apostle Parish has been blessed with the love of God and neighbor, a community of unwavering strength and resolve, and a spirit of service that is truly inspiring. The grand vision of the founding faithful was realized on September 8, 1953, when the doors opened for our elementary school for first through fourth grades.

Since then, Saint Thomas has become an education leader in the Diocese. In addition to expanding class offerings and reducing class sizes, the Saint Thomas staff members are continually seeking out opportunities to enhance their teaching methods to meet the needs of our 21st century students.

Saint Thomas has a strong alumni legacy of service, leadership, core principles and values. STA alumni hold many leadership positions both in the valley and beyond and are beacons of faith, integrity, and hope in their communities.

Where Faith Inspires Hearts and Minds